Hello Sports Fans and Non-Sports Fans Who Have Aches and Pains,
This fellow, Phoenix Felipe’, reminded me that a follow-on note from my blog about non-prescription medication options for reducing pain is in order. Here are other recommendations from WebMD for non-drug pain relief:
- “Massage. A lot of people find relief from gentle massage….several studies have found that massage is effective in relieving pain and other symptoms…
- Relaxation techniques. Guided imagery, hypnosis, biofeedback, breathing techniques, and gentle movement such as tai chi. Relaxation techniques are often very effective, particularly when a patient — or a caregiver — is feeling anxious.
- Acupuncture. Several studies have found that acupuncture can be helpful in relieving pain…
- Physical therapy. If a person has been active before and is now confined to bed, even just moving the hands and feet a little bit can help.
- Pet therapy. If you have bouts of pain that last 5, 10, or 15 minutes, trying to find something pleasant — like petting an animal’s soft fur — to distract and relax yourself can be helpful.
- Gel packs. These are simple packs that can be warmed or chilled and used to ease localized pain.”
Until next week……Happy Spring!